What information do we collect about you and how do we collect it?
We may collect and process data about you (“your information”) when:
– you submit information (your email) online via our sites (http://www.gormleys.ie and http://www.gormleysartauctions.com/) or send us any correspondence;
– you request information from Gormleys Fine Art or Gormleys Auctions or ask us to contact you;
– you opt-in to receive emails from us
– information that you give us in person at our galleries, events and fairs
– information in relation to your purchase of our artwork or use of our services.
The information we collect may include: your name, e-mail address, title, company, region, relationship to Gormleys Fine Art/Gormleys Auctions, reason for contacting us and any message you submit to us and where we have sold works on your behalf bank details will be securely stored.
Lawful basis for Processing
The basis for Gormleys Fine Art/Gormleys Auctions processing your information is either our legitimate business interests balanced with your interests, rights and freedoms or your consent.
How will we use your information?
We may use your information in the following ways:
– provide information about our artwork and services to you;
– keep you informed about artwork, artists and events that we think you may find interesting;
– carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
– communicate with you;
– administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– keep our site safe and secure;
– comply with legal and regulatory obligations; and
– for security and to check your identity.
Who has access to your information?
As appropriate our team will access your information for the purposes described above. We will not share your personal information with third parties unless required to do so by law, or if we believe that such action is necessary to:
1. comply with legal requirements,
2. protect and defend our rights or property or those of our users or
3. protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Finally, we share your information with Mailchimp, which provides a service that allows us to manage our marketing messages. We have entered into a data processing agreement with Mailchimp, who are committed to storing your data securely.
We may collect the e-mail addresses of those who send us e-mail messages; however, we will not send unsolicited e-mail to any of the addresses we collect or share those addresses with any unaffiliated third party, except where you agree that we may use your information to provide you with marketing information that you request or that we feel may interest you.
Where do we process your information?
We will not transfer your information to or store it at a location outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries which do not have as developed data protection laws.
How do we keep your information secure?
Gormleys Fine Art/Gormleys Auctions has implemented measures meeting generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. All your information is stored on secure servers and we will protect your information in line with legal requirements.
Despite these precautions, however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site or that unauthorised persons will not obtain access to your information.
You have the right to access, rectify or erase your information and should direct any request on your information to us.
Gormleys Fine Art/Gormleys Auctions would like to keep your personal information accurate. You have the right to correct, update or change your information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your information (or pass your information to other companies or organisations) for marketing purposes. We ensure all of our emails have an opt-out link and encourage you to use this if you do not want to receive marketing communications from us. You also have the right to ask us to erase your information at any time.
If you have any complaint about how we have used your information please do contact us.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required. Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
How to Contact Us